Fertility treatments in India are performed under international quality standards. The infertility centres house highly experienced doctors to provide high-quality treatment at affordable prices. Most of the IVF clinics in India are specialized in treating every type of infertility problems.
India is one of the established and reliable destinations for all infertile couples. There are multiple numbers of infertility clinics in India which helps infertile couples to live there parenthood dream. The fertility clinics in India are well established and doctors hold vast expertise in infertility treatments. Infertility happens when a couple cannot conceive after having regular intercourse. Infertility can be caused due to genetic factors, hypospadias, cystic fibrosis, and radiation therapy. Infertility treatments in India or worldwide depends on many factors, including the age of the person who wishes to conceive, how long infertility has lasted, personal preferences, and their general state of health. The fertility clinics in India maintain high standards, use advanced and modern techniques to treat all the patients. The cost of infertility treatments is different because it depends on the chosen clinic. In fact, India is one of the largest and fastest growing private health sectors in the world. All the private hospitals in India are well equipped with all of the latest technology and facilities which are managed by highly trained professionals. The hundreds of private fertility clinics in the country are no exception as most of the hospitals in India have adopted international quality standards. India also has some of the most flexible regulations on fertility treatment which been attracting medical tourists from all around the world.
In this article, we will look at:
- What is fertility treatment?
- What are the types of Infertility treatments offered in India?
- Why India is chosen as the preferred destination for IVF treatment
What is Fertility Treatment?
Fertility treatments are provided to couples who are facing difficulty in conceiving naturally. It can be due to blocked fallopian tubes, severe endometriosis, ovarian disorders, male infertility or sometimes the cause is unknown. The couple’s age also plays an important role in infertility treatments as the chances of success drop due to deterioration of the reproductive system. Clinics throughout India are well established and have flexible regulations that allow treatments for women who are in their mid-fifties for singles and also for same-sex couples. India is making advancement in medical and health research and gives the best treatment and services as per the requirement and satisfaction of the patient. The fertility clinics in India provides satisfaction to the patients in terms of cost, treatment and in terms of other health care services.
Types of Infertility treatments offered in India:
The good news for the childless couples is that most of the IVF clinics in India are specialized for treating every type of infertility problem. The childless couples who are tired of running around to various infertility clinics to get the best treatment can now head towards India with a hope of successful treatment. The major infertility issues resolved are blocked or damaged fallopian tubes, ovulation problems, low ovarian reserve or issues related to sperm count and motility. There is a wide range of infertility treatments such as IVF, ICSI, IUI, and Surrogacy procedures.
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF): IVF is one of the types of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). It is a process that involves fertilization of an egg with the sperm in an advanced IVF laboratory. The process involves stimulating the ovary to grow follicles which are required in the In Vitro Fertilization procedure. The eggs are then collected from the ovaries via a small procedure and are kept for fertilization with the sperm in a petri dish under a specific temperature. After the eggs are fertilized with the sperm in an advanced IVF laboratory the embryo is formed and is then transferred to the uterus of a woman. The process is called "In Vitro" as the fertilization occurs outside the body in a well equipped IVF laboratory in a standard fertility clinic. IVF success rates are the percentage of the performed IVF procedures that result in a favorable outcome or had a positive outcome. Compared to other infertility treatments, IVF treatment provides the best chance of success in having a baby. IVF procedure is the best option for couples who cannot conceive naturally.
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI): Intrauterine Insemination is one of the commonly used infertility treatment that involves placing sperm inside a woman’s uterus to facilitate egg fertilization. The main aim of Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is to boost the chances of sperm that reach the blocked fallopian tubes in the woman for fertilizing eggs. This helps in making a pregnancy successful in case of lack of intercourse in such cases. It is an affordable treatment option compared to other infertility treatments in India. This infertility treatment is recommended to the patients having endometriosis, pelvic infections, or blocked fallopian tubes. If a couple has the IUI procedure performed each month then success rates may reach as high as 20% per cycle. The success rate of IUI procedure depends on variables such as the age of the female, the reason for infertility, and whether fertility drugs were used, among other variables. IUI procedure is performed at the time of ovulation, generally within 24-36 hours after the LH surge is detected. It can be also performed after the “trigger” injection of hCG is administered to the patient
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI): Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is one of the specialized forms of infertility procedures that is used primarily for the treatment of severe cases of male-factor infertility. In the process of ICSI, an injection is inserted directly into a mature egg for successful fertilization to result in a positive pregnancy. This helps in fertilization of egg which leads to embryo formation. After the embryo is formed then it is transferred to the uterus of a woman for a successful pregnancy. (ICSI procedure is an effective treatment for men with infertility. It is used in cases which have been diagnosed with severe infertility issues in men. It is the most successful type of treatment for infertile men.
- Surrogacy: Surrogacy is a medical procedure supported by a legal agreement, where a surrogate mother is ready to carry a pregnancy for intended parents. Surrogacy process involves a surrogate mother who carries the baby for the intended parents. To ensure that the intended parents face no obstacles to get their baby from the surrogate mother. Altruistic surrogacy is currently legal in India. According to the Bill, only legally married Indian couples who are allowed to opt for surrogacy treatment. Also in Altruistic surrogacy, only close relatives can become a surrogate for “medically proven infertile" couples in India. Both parties need to have a mutual understanding while opting for the procedure. It is the last option for all the infertile couples or singles to accomplish their parenthood dream. Every country has its own surrogacy related regulations which need to be followed from time to time for each of the procedures.
- TESA: TESA stands for Testicular Epididymal Sperm Aspiration. It is one of the recently introduced infertility procedures in recent times. In this procedure, the sperms are extracted from testes and are then used in the In Vitro Fertilization procedure for fertilizing eggs thus forming required embryos. An increasing number of cases are performed by non-urologists also at times known as called Andrologist.
- MESA: MESA means Micro Epididymal Sperm Aspiration. This is a procedure performed for men who have undergone vasectomy procedure or who are suffering from epididymal obstruction. It is one of the advanced procedure used to help an infertile couple to have their baby.
- Pregnancy delivery: Many fertility centers in India provide a go-to guide during pregnancy delivery. These centers guide patients and help them prepare for the labor pain which happens during pregnancy. Safe pregnancy delivery and childbirth are essential to give every child the best start in life and the chance to fulfill their potential. The main aim of the hospitals or clinics is to put women at the center of care, enhance their pregnancy experience, and ensure their babies have a healthy, positive beginning.
India, a Preferred Destination for IVF Treatment:
IVF treatment in India has become the choice of many infertile couples because of its increasing success rates. Infertile couples from across the world visit India for fertility treatment. This is because the success rate of infertility treatment is higher than in other countries. The number of infertile international patients is rising every year. The cost of the infertility treatment in India is affordable as compared to other countries. As per research, around 15 percent of both male and female population of India are infertile. On average, the infertility hospitals in India treat hundreds of cases per month successfully. India is a popular destination for infertility treatments because its specialized fertility treatments are matching the highest international standards. Most of the infertility centers in India assist international patients their journey by providing them accommodation support, airport picks and drops, translation assistance, and also an international lounge.
IVF in India has gained a lot of recognition around the globe and is considered as one of the best destinations for IVF treatments. It is a well-known fact that India is home to highly experienced and qualified doctors in different fields of medicine especially infertility treatments. It also comprises world-class infrastructure to provide high-quality treatment at affordable prices. There are states in India which are well recognized for various types of infertility treatment. The best IVF treatment and medication are always provided in major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Lucknow. Each year, couples who are facing infertility issues from across the globe visit to various fertility centers in India for successful results. Every center is regularly audited according to guidelines laid down by national and international healthcare bodies.
Metropolitan cities such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, and Chennai are considered as best for medical treatments for the following reasons:
- These cities offer infertility treatments at affordable costs as compared to western countries
- They comprise of modern infrastructure in the medical sector
- The fertility clinics situated in these metropolitan cities treat their patients with the help of the popular and in demand state of the art technology
- The clinics situated in the metro cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore are served by experienced and qualified doctors who follow most advanced methods to treat infertile patients
- Most of the centers are easily accessible for patients who want to go for infertility treatments
- Top IVF center in the metropolitan center provides advanced facilities
- Most of the centers are served by the well-trained staff and professionals
- Transparent treatment procedures and helpful counseling sessions provided to patients.
Akruti-IVF has one of the best IVF doctors in India, who have provided treatments to people from different parts of the globe.
Book an appointment today at our Dombivli or Thane branch to get further details. You can call, email or whatsapp to the contact info mentioned in the header of website.