It is the procedure in which the Gynecologist uses a medical device for directly placing the husband’s processed sperms into the wife’s uterus. IUI treatment is the most useful solution when the cervix of a woman has scarring due to which sperm is not able to enter the uterus or when it has an abnormal shape that prevents sperm’s passage.
In which conditions its useful?
It can prove to be a perfect medical procedure for patients dealing with problems like:
· Cervical factor
· Patent(open) fallopian tubes
· Minimal or absence of endometriosis
· Any ovulatory abnormality such as PCOS or irregular menstrual cycle
And many more.
How is it conducted?
IUI treatment in Akruti IVF Center is a process with simple steps, that does not take much time
· Male partner generates the semen sample
· Andrology laboratory “washes” it, for concentrating the motile(moving) sperm and removing the non-motile one
· IUI treatment takes place by the help of a flexible small catheter
· The woman’s position will be the same as that of the PAP smear. The speculum gets inserted into her vagina and after drawing up the washed sperm in a syringe, it is then guided through her cervix gently for depositing directly into her uterus
· 10 minutes rest is suggested before resuming the normal activities
You can easily book an appointment and get the best IUI treatment in Akruti-IVF Dombivli without any hassle. In case you do not become pregnant, you can try this treatment again before opting for any other fertility treatment. Generally, the same therapy is used for 3-6 months for maximizing pregnancy chances. As it is performed during the ovulation period, the likelihood of pregnancy and fertilization gets increased. Urine ovulation detection kit and/or vaginal ultrasound are used for ensuring that the process takes place at the right time.
· Is IUI Treatment Safe?
IUI is the most widely recommended ART procedure for women who have uterus-related problems. It is a natural procedure that only assists natural fertilization of the ovum (egg) by manually injecting the sperms, so there are no added risks and complications. Hence, it can be said that IUI treatment is as safe as any natural pregnancy.
· Who Should Opt For IUI treatment?
Ideally, our IUI specialist in Dombivli recommends this treatment when the sperms aren’t able to reach the eggs due to primary infertility conditions or other uterine disorders. These conditions and disorders can include:
- Cervical mucus problems
- Secondary conditions such as PCOS, irregular menstrual cycle, scarring on the cervix, etc.
- Patent (open) fallopian tubes
- Low sperm count or poor sperm mobility
- Unknown infertility issues
Candidates for IUI treatment are expected to have good overall health without any medical problems that affect overall wellness.
· How Successful is IUI Treatment?
The chances of successful IUI treatment in any couple depends on a host of underlining factors unique to them, such as age, infertility factors, use of fertility drugs, motility of the sperms, preexisting medical conditions, etc. The average success rate of an IUI treatment is 20% to 26%, which is a good rate considering how affordable and cost-effective it can be. Additionally, the chances of pregnancy can be boosted significantly by prescribing specialized fertility drugs to the couple.
· Is the IUI Procedure Painful?
IUI treatment is a non-invasive procedure, which means it does not invade any tissues. Hence, you won’t experience any pain while you undergo your IUI treatment. However, you may experience mild cramping caused due to the catheter inserted through the uterus. While consulting patients for IUI treatment in Kalyan or Dombivli, our experts at Akruti IVF thoroughly explain how they would feel during the treatment and prescribe safe medications to ease any discomfort.
· What Is The Sperm Washing Process in IUI Treatment?
The sperm washing step is a crucial part of the IUI treatment, where healthy sperms are prepared for insemination.
First, the semen sample collected from the male partner is mixed with a washing medium and placed in a centrifuge. The sperms, which are heavier, settle down in the tube with the washing fluid. The semen fluid at the top is discarded, and the same spinning process is repeated 2 to 3 times.
Akruti IVF centre has its own protocols for preparation and procedure of IUI the high is called as advanced IUI
· How Is The IUI Cycle Monitored After The Treatment?
IUI treatment does not require any monitoring after the procedure. It’s absolutely safe. You will be given medications which is called as luteal phase support after IUI for two weeks. After two weeks we check for the pregnancy with a simple blood test.
· How Soon Can The IUI Treatment Results Be Seen?
Like natural conception, it may take at least 2 to 3 weeks for the results to show up on a UPT stick. Or you can choose to have a blood test within 6 to 12 days after having your IUI treatment for more accurate results. Our experts will also offer additional insights on signs of pregnancy and how to ensure healthy conception to help you get a successful IUI treatment in Kalyan or Dombivli itself.