IVF treatment in India has gained a lot of popularity in last few decades due to high success rate, affordable cost, good care of patients and availability of best IVF centers and best IVF doctors in India. In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is an ART technique used by infertile couples to become parents.
Nowadays, technology has evolved so much that with its help we have found answers to almost every possible question. At the technical level, we have become so advanced that today all the desires and needs of patients have been fulfilled by the support of technology. In the present era, if there is any problem in becoming parents, then there is a technology in the name of the infertility treatments like In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedure. In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) involves the combination of the egg with sperm outside the body in a medical laboratory.
In this article, we will look at:
- What is In Vitro Fertilization treatment?
- What are the causes of infertility that can be treated by IVF treatment in India?
- What are the complications related to IVF treatment in India?
- What is the cost of IVF in India?
- What is IVF success rate in India?
In Vitro Fertilization Treatment
In Vitro Fertilization treatment requires the formation of an embryo outside the body in a test tube. It is also called a test tube baby process. It is one of the most successful infertility treatments which has fetched excellent results for couples who were struggling to have babies in a natural manner. IVF treatment in India is getting world class recognition because of its low treatment cost, best fertility doctors, and high success rate. You will receive the complete details about the IVF treatment in India in this article including complications, success rate associated with the infertility treatment, and best IVF centers in India.
Causes of Infertility that can be treated with IVF Treatment in India:
Those couples who cannot get pregnant naturally can enjoy this pleasure by undergoing IVF treatment in India. Before knowing about In Vitro Fertilization treatment in detail, we should know the causes that can be treated with IVF treatment.
- Female Infertility: Reduced fertility in women due to their high age, majorly above the age of 40 years.
- Male Infertility: Male infertility deals with low sperm count and abnormalities in sperm features such as motility, shape, and number.
- Fallopian Tubes: Problems related to Fallopian tubes like blocked or damaged fallopian tubes
- Endometriosis: It is a major disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus starts to grow outside the uterus
- Ovulation Problems: Reduction in the ovarian function or irregular periods
- Unexplained infertility
Complications associated with IVF treatment in India:
More than seven billion babies have been born using IVF treatment until now. So, by this figure, we can say that it is a safe and successful technique of fertilization. Although there are still some problems associated with the IVF procedure. The main complications associated with IVF treatment include the following:
- Multiple pregnancies: IVF procedure can result in multiple pregnancies which increase the risk of low birth weight or premature birth.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: In this case, the eggs implant outside the uterus especially in the fallopian tubes of the woman.
- OHSS: A rare condition known as Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) which affects ovaries in the women.
- Miscarriage: Sometimes due to various issues women can even lose the pregnancy in any of the phases of pregnancy.
IVF Cost in India:
IVF cost in India for one natural cycle ranges from Rs. 1,50,000 to Rs. 2,65,000. The IVF cost also depends on the doctor's experience, choice of treatment, location of the clinic, and the use of fertility drugs in the respective case. If a patient requires advanced technology-based assistance in IVF treatment, the IVF cost in India can go much higher in certain parts of India. In other countries, the cost of having an IVF treatment is considerably higher as compared with the cost of IVF treatment in India.
IVF treatment in India Success Rate:
The success rate of IVF treatment in India depends on many factors including the age of intended parents, center chosen by the patients, infrastructure of the clinic and experience of the doctor. With the increase of the age of a woman, the less will be the chances of successful treatment.