In Vitro Fertilization
What is In Vitro Fertilization?
In Vitro Fertilization (referred to as IVF treatment henceforth) is the complex chain of processes which is used for helping with fertility or stop genetic problems and help with a child’s conception. It is undoubtedly the best form of facilitated reproductive technology. Reason of infertility and your age are the 2 most important factors which affect the chances of you having a well-nourished baby using the IVF procedure.
When to go in for IVF?
You can opt for the reliable assistance at IVF center in Dombivali in case you or your partner has:
· Ovulation disorders
· Fallopian tube blockage or damage
· Uterine Fibroids
· Impaired sperm function or production
· Previous tubal removal or sterilization
· Any genetic disorder
· Unexplained infertility
· Fertility preservation for any major health condition like Cancer
At times, it is provided as the basic treatment for treating infertility issues in women who are more than 40 years old. IVF can be performed by using the sperm of your partner and your eggs.
Why IVF treatment at Akruti IVF Center is the best option to go for?
· It works where the other infertility medical procedures fail
· You have absolute control over the timing
· You can easily use the donated sperm and/or eggs
· The chances of your miscarriage get decreased
· You are more likely to have a healthy baby
· The chances of conception are increased
This treatment is definitely the most successful option for a lot of those couples who struggle with infertility, or for whom conventional pregnancy and conception are not a choice. Cannot conceive through the natural methods? Contact the IVF clinic Dombivli and book an appointment in advance.
Success rate and cycles
IVF cycle can last anywhere between 4-6 weeks. As far as the success rate of this treatment is concerned, it is as per your age and particular problem. The younger you are, the more there are chances of the successful IVF treatment. Older people face more failure risks as compared to younger ones.
The success rate at the IVF center in Dombivli is greater in case you follow the healthy lifestyle and your basic medical condition is also good. Ensure the fact that your BMI is healthy, i.e., lower than 30. Moreover, it is suggested to go for a decent diet-exercise program, keep stress and anxiety under control as well as avoid drinking and smoking.
Before opting for this process, it is highly recommended to consult your doctor to understand how this treatment works and what are the precautions to take.
Is IVF Treatment Painful?
No part of the IVF process causes any significant pain. The injections are given to stimulate your ovaries can be slightly discomforting like any other injection process.
Embryo Transfer procedure is absolutely painless and it’s done under sonography guidance which ensures perfect placement of embryos. However, our IVF specialist takes special care to ensure you feel no pain throughout the procedures of your IVF cycle.
Can I Successfully Get Pregnant With IVF Treatment?
The IVF process is simply an assisting step in the natural process of conceiving. Hence, your chances of falling pregnant with IVF are similar to those through unassisted reproduction.
Statistically, for young healthy women, the chances of a successful pregnancy through IVF are 20% to 35% per cycle. And her chances of getting pregnant naturally is also around 20% during a single menstruation cycle.
This proves that IVF offers the same level of opportunity to conceive as the natural ovulation process. And like the natural process, the chances of conceiving drop down to 5% or less after the age of 40 - 42.
Are The Babies Born Via IVF As Normal As Naturally Born Babies?
There is no reason for a child born through any assisted reproductive technology (ART) to have abnormalities.
The only difference between a pregnancy through IVF and sexual reproduction is that the sperm and egg are fertilized externally (In-Vitro) in a controlled environment of an IVF hospital which otherwise happens in the fallopian tube. The rest of the pregnancy process is just as normal and does not require any additional support other than the typical pregnancy care.
However, the child will still be prone to inherit any hereditary problems from its parents or suffer congenital issues which prevail in natural pregnancies as well. However, our IVF specialist we will pay special attention to studying your medical history and minimising their chances of occurrences when you visit our IVF centre in Dombivli, Thane.
Can I Have Twins With IVF?
There is no guarantee that one can have twins through IVF, but the likelihood of so happening is much higher with it.
A report by the Human Fertilization and Embryology Authority (HEFA) suggests that “one out of five pregnancies may result in multiple births with IVF.” This statement is supported by the fact that the number of twin pregnancies has proliferated in the last 40 years after IVF treatments were easily accessible. Our IVF specialist also suggests that a woman who conceives via IVF has a 25% chance of having twins or even triplets, which is only 5% in women who conceive naturally.
This effect is most possibly due to the fact that our methodology of IVF treatment allows multiple embryos to be placed over the uterine walls, which is a rare case otherwise Embryo Transfer procedure is absolutely painless and it’s done under sonography guidance which ensures perfect placement of embryos.
Does IVF Work In The First Attempt Itself?
The chances of your first IVF cycle being successful is less than 50%, and it reduces with your growing age. As women age, the number of potential embryos and their chromosomal quality drops drastically. This directly affects the success rate of their IVF cycle as well. Following is a statistical analysis of the per cent drop in the possibility of your first cycle’s success with age:
- Women who are younger than 35 years – approximately 40%
- Women who are between 36-38 years – approximately 30%
- Women who are between 38-40 years – approximately 20%
- Women who are between 40-42 years – 10%
- Women who are between 42-44 years– 5%
Can I Still Have Natural Pregnancies In The Future After Having An IVF Treatment?
Yes, unless the couple suffers from a permanent infertility problem that cannot be treated. There are many cases at our IVF centre in Dombivli where a young couple chooses to have their first pregnancy through IVF while undergoing infertility treatments and is able to conceive naturally when the infertility problem is resolved.
There are many medical and personal reasons for a couple to choose IVF treatment for one or multiple pregnancies. You can consult our IVF specialist to learn more about your options for pregnancy.
How Do I Prepare Myself For An IVF Treatment?
To ensure that each of your cycles at our IVF centre has the highest success rate, our IVF specialist often suggests the following tips to prepare yourself for your IVF journey:
- Quit smoking if you do, as it can significantly damage the quality and quantity of sperms and eggs.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks as well, since alcohol may negatively react with the IVF medications and also affect the fetus, reducing the chances of live births.
- Discuss and alter your ongoing medications and medical conditions thoroughly with your doctor to ensure they won’t affect your IVF process.
- If you’re overweight or underweight, consult our IVF specialist to check your BMI and maintain a healthy weight required for pregnancy.
- Eat a balanced diet that includes lots of fruit and vegetables, lean protein (poultry & fish), whole grains, healthy fats, legumes, low-fat dairy, etc.
- Punctually take your prenatal vitamins and other supplements as prescribed by your IVF specialist (if any).
- Be as stress-free as you can. Start mindfulness exercises, journaling, meditation, or a stress-relieving hobby to remain mentally calm and positive during the IVF cycle.